5 Uses For Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has a lot of uses in beauty. I was amazed as I discovered them. I won’t tell you to do anything that I haven’t tried myself so you can trust me on all these. The reason why coconut oil is so great is because it’s natural, and economical. You can purchase one product for multiple preventative treatments. The coconut oil I purchase is all organic *very important*. It’s about $15-$20 and lasts for 6 months or so. I buy a large container and then put it into smaller containers for storage in my medicine cabinet and refrigerator. It doesn’t have to be used everyday although you’ll want to use it that frequently after reading this. It can be used in conjunction with other products too.
1. Oil pulling – an ancient technique that is said to get out the plaque in between your teeth that your tooth brush and floss can’t quite reach. Take a minimal amount of coconut oil and before brushing your teeth at night or in the morning swish it in your mouth and between your teeth. Be sure to spit it out in the trash can, as coconut oil can build up in your drain. Honestly, it feels really gross at first, then you kind of get used to it. When I was doing this regularly every time I went to the dentist they said my teeth looked amazing, nearly no plaque. I’d say commit to trying it for at least a week to allow yourself to get used to the taste.
2. Eye make up remover – put a little coconut oil in a small container and use a cotton ball to scoop it out and lightly rub on your eyes to remove waterproof mascara and eyeliner/shadow.
3. Abhyanga – This especially helps in dry and cold climates. Before bathing, use coconut oil to massage into your skin. Put a towel under you so oil is not all over the floor!
4. Reduce Wrinkles – Rub on your face where wrinkles are starting to appear. Make sure to go against gravity. I.e. if you massage your smile lines start from the bottom, and move up towards your nose.
5. Hair Mask – Coat hair with one tablespoon of coconut oil and let it soak in for 1 hour, then shampoo for glistening locks.
Okay this one’s not really beauty so it’s added as a bonus, but you are what you eat, right?!
6. Cooking – If you often use butter or olive oil, coconut oil is a healthier alternative. Use it in eggs, veggies, everything. It’s a taste that you will get more comfortable with the more you use it.
How else do you use your coconut oil? Comment below!
Shop Coconut Oil: